We the members of Cornerstone Baptist Church wish to
state our beliefs as the following:
- We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, who died on the cross at Calvary for our individual sins, though perfect and sinless Himself. We believe that He rose from the grave, leaving the tomb empty, and currently sits at the right hand of God the Father, as our personal mediator.
- We believe the Trinity—God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ), and God the Spirit (the Holy Spirit) is biblically based (1 John 5:7), and represents the true personality of God.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever (Hebrews 13:8).
- We believe that the Bible, God’s Holy Word, in inspired and without error (2 Timothy 3:16).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is God on earth and dwells within the heart of every believer. We believe that the Holy Spirit is still alive and well and that the Spiritual gifts directed by the Holy Spirit as described in 1 Corinthians chapters 12, 13 and 14 are still valid for today’s church. Furthermore, we believe that these gifts are to be exercised by the church as the Holy Spirit directs (1 Corinthians 12:11).
- We believe that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are an important part of the operation of the church, as the body of Christ, with Jesus Christ as the head. We believe that these gifts will continue to be active until Christ returns for his church (1 Corinthians 13:8-10). The purpose of the spiritual gifts is for the equipping of the saints in order to bring other people to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and to minister to the spiritual, emotional and physical needs of all people.
- We believe that a personal belief and trust in Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to salvation. Belief comes by FAITH, and is granted through GRACE (Ephesians 2:8-9). Once a person is saved—born again—it is a ONE TIME experience (Hebrews 6:4-6). Baptism follows the salvation experience as a symbol to the world that the person is trusting in Jesus Christ and his personal savior, but does not represent a necessary step for salvation. Baptism is an outward symbol and represents the believer’s desire to follow Christ’s example.
- We believe that the church should exercise two ordinances for its members:
- Believer’s Baptism
- Partaking of the Lord’s Supper
- We believe that members are to be added to the church by the following procedures:
- Believer’s baptism—Believer’s baptism is one in which the individual is immersed in water and has not been baptized as an outward sign necessary for the purpose of achieving salvation.
- Church letter granted from a church of like faith and order. Like faith and order will be determined by discussion with the person seeking fellowship with Cornerstone Baptist Church.
- Statement of faith. Received from persons not granted a church letter or persons that were members of churches no longer functioning.
- We believe that tithing is a principle repeatedly expressed in God’s Word and represents the believer’s solid affirmation of faith, love, and obedience (Malachi 3:6-12).
- We believe in a personal God and the power of prayer. We believe that Christ’s death on the cross gave us the right to petition God for our needs (Hebrews 4:14-16).
- We believe that Christ is the head of the church and that each individual member should seek His will concerning each decision made within the body of the church. Discussion and decisions concerning the business of the church will involve all members of the church, with all members having one individual vote.
- We the members of Cornerstone Baptist Church hereby covenant to join together to worship our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and endeavor to meet the needs of people in our community, studying to show ourselves approved unto God, workmen and women that need not be ashamed, but rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15) Amen!!!
“Our mission is to love Jesus first and lead others to love Him.”